Coconut Oil Benefits

16:01 Unknown 11 Comments


Coconut Oil
organicfacts.net


When it comes to trying holistic, non processed products for either skin care or hair care, I am your muse. I may not write about it much, but that is about to change! For as long as I can remember, there are certain oils I just can't live without and coconut oil is one of them - no jokes here, heck, I've even managed to convert my manfriend who yes ma'am's, lies down and enjoys his DIY spa treatment in the 'safe' hands of yours truly, behind closed doors.


Which Coconut Oil Do I Choose?


Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is what I prefer, they usually have it clearly labelled and it looks a bit strange in cooler temperatures - look for an opaque semi solid oil.

Why this one you ask? Well, knowing that 'virgin' coconut oil is less refined, I like to think that 'extra virgin' means even less refined, which may or may not at all be the case. Keep in mind that you are never going to get unrefined coconut oil unless you drink it up fresh; after all, this oil is only a by product of the coconut.
So, the less refined, the better, it means that we can be certain of  reaping the the benefits of the saturated oils in this superfood.

Coconut Oil for Hair


The hair loves the coco leave in conditioner! This is because, the oil of the coconut is somewhat 'thinner' as it comprises of smaller medium chain fatty acids. It penetrates the hair deeper and faster than any conditioner I have tried, leaving hair moisturized and split ends repaired.

It is no easy task having kinky locs in humid Asia, and I have found that de-tangling my hair with coconut oil leaves it shinier and frizz free for longer. But the best part is, you wouldn't have to deal with residues or future damage because it is 100% organic.

Finally, if your scalp is feeling parched, rub a little bit of this stuff and voila! not only are you taking care of your scalp but your hair will grow too. For even better results, after shampooing and conditioning,

Scoop two table spoons into a small bowl. Find another bowl and pour in warm water, place the     coconut oil bowl in there 'til it melts.

Massage the oil onto your scalp

Wrap up your hair with a towel and keep it on overnight

Coconut Oil for Skin


Are your lips a little dry and chapped? Maybe it's a case of the dry elbows? Those cracked heels can be even more frustrating! Ever tried rubbing in a little EVCO? It soothes, calms and repairs.

Maybe you ran out of make up remover? Well, it is not the end of the world if you have coconut oil. Moreover, it helps repair and retain skin moisture giving you a healthy glow.

For daily skincare though, I prefer something a little heavier with Shea Butter and all that good stuff, Palmer's range is gold!

Eat the Coconut


Oil Pulling

For as long as I remember, before brushing my teeth or eating anything, I usually take a spoon full and swirl it around my mouth for about 20 minutes and spit it out (never ever swallow and do not gargle). For the longest time it was just something I did because my mama told me so.

Not only does this help keep those pearls bright, it also eliminates toxins and improves overall health. Try it for a week and and do share your experience!

As you can see, life cannot just go on without coconut oil - try it if you haven't, and share your experience.


Til next time! x

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for the interesting post. People should look for the natural oils like Marachekku Oil in Chennai for the good taste and the aroma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good post. I always use Pure Coconut Oil In Chennai for skin,hair and cooking also. Really nice experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure Coconut Oil is considered to be one of the most versatile natural oils today. You can try this oil every cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, we are Coconut Oil Love, a movement to spread the love for Coconut Oil. Providing Pure Coconut Oil Online. Spreading Coconut Oil Benefits to people

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, You just published a very good post here. I just came to your site today for the first time and just like that. So, you are doing a very good job for your beloved readers. I appreciate that too. I may share my thoughts too regarding this topic if you would like to listen and publish that in your blog. Thanks a lot!

    Check mine here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post. I am a normal visitor of your site and appreciate you taking the time to maintain the nice site. I’ll be a frequent visitor for a really long time.
    best oil for hair

    ReplyDelete