Stop Explaining Yourself

22:03 Unknown 0 Comments


Do you constantly feel the need to explain yourself?

"The thing is..."
"Hear me out..."
"Well, this is how it happened..."


Do all of those sound familiar? If they do, you are not alone - I for one hate having to justify myself or clear out the fuzz. Even if it is something that gnaws my soul, I will feel that the other person does not need to hear my excuse, no matter the guilt I feel.

Not justifying yourself to others may leave you feeling guiltier than before but hold up one second. Has it ever crossed your mind that the people you explain yourself to, may never see your point of view? They may nod and pretend to understand but somehow, you will know deep down that they just don' get it and this will only frustrate you further.

The people who matter the most, don't even need you to shed some light on anything - they just know and you feel it too.

So I say, stop explaining yourself unless you have too much time on your hands; time you need to waste.

Image from thegoodvibes.co

0 comments: